- Snakes have a heart, lungs, kidneys, blood, and essentially all the same organs humans possess.
- Snakes do not have eyelids.
- Snakes do not have ears.
- Snakes are bisexual; that is, there are males and females.
- As a general rule, female snakes are larger than male snakes (same species, same age).
- Some snakes are born fully formed, while others hatch from eggs.
- Snakes can travel 3 - 5 miles an hour.
- Some snakes have lived 30+ years in captivity.
- Snakes have been found from below sea level to 10,000 +/- feet above sea level.
- Snakes are found from the equator to the arctic circle (in a few countries).